Saturday, June 20, 2009

Confectionery

Okay, seeing as I haven't posted anything in just about two weeks, I figure I may as well give you guys (lol, like there's anybody but Sam that reads this, and she's away. XD) another Blog post.

Which brings me onto the topic of Confectionery, and what to call it. Now, there's the obvious, correct choice of "Sweets", as said in England. Which, as far as I'm concerned, is where Confectionery was born. No, not created, not invented, born! Basically all I'm trying to say is that we have the best sweets. I mean, Cadbury's, English. Erm... Lemme think of something else... Here's a picture to keep you occupied.Mmmmm, Chocolate. Don't you just want some now? :P What's that? More english confectionery? A quick Wikipedia search concludes that Cadbury owns Bassetts, Maynards, Trident and Trebor, all great sweets! Not to mention Thorntons.

Anywho, what's with candy and lollies? Well, okay, Candy I can understand. I mean, America being independent and all, they want their own name for sweets. But lollies. Australians, this is a lolly.
Or even this is a lolly (albeit an ICE lolly):
But these are NOT lollies, they are clearly sweets:
Anybody who calls those lollies should be shot. Kthxbai.


1 comment: